Career Success and Survival in the 21st Century, 11:30am - 2:30pm
Orrville Area Young Professionals Launch Event
Young professionals are invited to a career success seminar and luncheon on Friday, August 13 at the Orrville High School Performing Arts Center 841 N Ella Street Orrville. YP's are encouraged to attend with a co-worker or friend. Employer's are welcome to attend.
Attendees will enjoy
This exciting new initiative is provided FREE of charge to attendees thanks to our corporate event sponsor, JARRETT
Come to be inspired, make new connections and grow as we launch the Orrville Area Young Professionals. Details about membership in Orrville Area Young Professionals will be shared at the event. You may also check out membership information here and receive a complimentary copy of Dr. Longenecker's best selling book, The Successful Career Survival Guide learn more here.
Business and organizational life has changed significantly in the 21st century. Global competition, an infusion of technology, organizational complexity, the demand for speed to market, and increasing pressure to deliver better performance have all had a powerful impact on career success and survival. Many might wrongfully conclude that this more dynamic and fast-paced environment demands more complex and intricate strategies/practices if professionals are to achieve career success. And yet, our research over the past several decades points in a different direction.
Career success and survival in the 21st century is dictated by a person's ability to practice the fundamentals that drive high performance, great interpersonal relationships, continuous improvement, effective time stewardship, and the ability to deliver desired results for your organization! That is what this workshop is all about: Equipping professionals and leaders to deliver superior performance by taking control of the factors that impact their ability to get results and create value for their enterprises!
1. Explore and understand the factors that drive career success.
2. Review and discuss the factors that drive career failure and derailment.
3. Create a clear understanding of what specific results need to be achieved for success in your current role and what activities/practices will get you there.
4. Conduct a SWOT Analysis on yourself to improve your understanding of your capabilities, areas needing improvement, and opportunities for your growth and development.
5. Improve your Performance Focus and Time Stewardship talents to put you in a better position to deliver desired results for your enterprise.
6. Help participants develop a clear understanding of what they need to Keep Doing; Start Doing; and Stop Doing to deliver better performance and make themselves more valuable to their organizations.